Haven't thought of a good title yet.
arrival on planet zebes
Really great. Those colors and lines.
just a heads up, if i ever weird you out on any level, too friendly, too flirty, anything at all, i encourage you to be very vocal towards me about it to make sure i dont continue to make you uncomfortable. i dont want anyone feeling like im not someone they can trust and be comfortable around.
(Source: littlemammal, via tinbot)
roseofbattle said: A, B, D, K, O, Z
A: Favorite Game of all time?
- uhhhh both Portals did a lot right, every Half-Life game was amazing for the time it came out, Hotline Miami mixed aesthetic with blazing pulsing action with interesting meta commentary on violence in games, but maybe… maybe Bastion? Yeah. Nothing feels out of place, the story does not get in the way of the mechanics (nor vice-versa), the music, art, mechanics, voice-acting, plot, and world-building all fit into a perfect holistic whole. Also, towards the end of the game there is a *game mechanics and game feel* -based METAPHOR (as a game mechanics / ludic-based design nerd this highly interests me) that brings the plot to a climax while the music swells and some of the best lines in the game are dropped by an amazingly voiced character and ahhhhhh.
B: Favorite Series of all time?
K: Game you’re most looking forward to?
O: Favorite antagonist?
- Maybe GLaDOS from Portal? GLaDOS in Portal 2 wasn’t quite as great (though better in some ways). Alex from Golden Sun was also pretty great.
Z: Game character you most associate with?
- Maybe Philip from the Penumbra series? hmm I dunno 4x1 Tetris block?
tinyantennas said: d f t w x
D: Favorite Soundtrack?
- Bastion’s was pretty great, and fit perfectly with aesthetic + everything else. Hotline Miami was also great.
F: Biggest Let down?
- Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Bioshock 2 was pretty disappointing too.
T: Best game memory?
- Before I got to college I contacted my to-be-roommates by email, and ended up playing some TF2 with Kyle. I (medic) ubercharged him (engineer) to barely hold off the advance of the other team’s cart, securing the game. It was thrilling to just barely win, with such teamwork. I feel like I have better memories for non-electronic games, but videogame asks, so… Also I omitted memories about beating a thing and liking it, trying to think more about stuff around a game as opposed to in it.
W: Any games you regret getting rid of?
- Maybe some old handheld games, but it’s easy to emulate so I don’t regret anymore…
X: What you’d like to change about your favorite franchise?
- How often it is released (Half-Life 3 will come one day, I hope). It feels a little weird to say that that’s my favorite franchise, but I guess most other franchises I like I tend to think of as separate games, and the Half-Life series just does a lot of things right with regards to environmental storytelling and design.
Favorite Game of all time?
Favorite Series of all time?
Least Favorite Game of all time?
Biggest Let down?
What're you currently playing?
Favorite local multiplayer game?
Favorite Online multiplayer game?
Game you're most looking forward to?
Favorite Licensed title?
Favorite Game of last year?
Any Guilty Pleasure Games?
Most underrated game?
Most overrated game?
Best game memory?
Favorite Handheld title?
First game you remember playing?
Any games you regret getting rid of?
What you'd like to change about your favorite franchise?
What game would you want your child to play first?
Game character you most associate with?
The fabric is cut out for the peanut butter, jelly fabric cutting is probably tomorrow.
The weekend before last was pretty fun.